2010年1月13日 星期三

投資大師羅傑斯給寶貝女兒的12封信 -

洪蘭原譯:假如每個人都嘲笑你的想法,這就是可能成功的指標!
假如周遭的人都勸你不要做某件事,甚至嘲笑你根本不該想去做,就可以把這件事當做可能成功的指標正面的徵像。這個道理非常重要,你一定要了解:與眾人反向而行是很需要勇氣的。事實是,這世界上從不曾有哪個人是只靠「從眾」(follow the crowd)而成功的。
我用中國給你舉個例子。過去人家都說那不是一個值得投資的國家,而事實上,直到一九九0年代晚期之前,幾乎沒有西方人真的試著在中國投資過。但是假如當時有人把錢投資中國的話,他現在已經發大財了。
在一九八0年代,我發現中國大有濳力,於是開始盡我所能的蒐集中國的資料,開始在這裡投資。當時大部分人都認為我瘋了才會這麼做,他們說這個食古不化、不知變通的共產國家,絕對不會允許外國人在這裡投資成功,而且他們會沒收成功者的財產。

原文: If anybody laughs at your idea, view it as a sign of potential success!

If people around you try to discourage you from taking a certain course of action, or ridicule your ideas, take that as a positive sign. Sure it can be difficult not to run with the herd, but the truth is that most long-term success stories are written by folds who’ve done exactly that. Let me give you an example.
When I was thirty-two years old or so, a Wall Street colleague of mine invited me to join a smart and successful group of financial guys who regularly got together to swap ideas over dinner. At the time, I and a partner were in the early years of our hedge fund called the Quantum Fund. It was a big deal to ve invited to these dinners, and, I must admit, I was a little nervous. After all, these were the big guys in my field, and most of them had a great deal more experience than I did.
We were sitting in the private room of a fancy midtown Manhattan restaurant when the host asked each guest at the table to recommend an investment. Most of them touted so-called growth stocks. When my turn came, I recommended Lockheed, the aerospace company. Once extremely prosperous, by the 1970s it had fallen on hard times. A fellow sitting opposite me smirked and, making sure that I heard him, stage-whispered, “Who buys stocks like this? Why buy a bankrupt company?”……
I had a similar experience with my investments in China. People used to call the country a graveyard for investors, and as recently as the late 1990s, few Westerners invested there. But those who did made a fortune. What did I know that others didn’t? Well, back in the 1980s, I sensed China’s potential and decided to learn everything I could about it and start investing my money there. Many people told me I was insane; that the rigidly Communist Chinese government would confiscate money earned by successful people, especially outsiders.

沒有留言:

張貼留言